Buying and moving into a new Bovis home – we’re here to help you at every stage
Buying a new home is such an exciting time yet also one of the most important financial decisions you’ll ever make. Our guide highlights the main steps to get you started. When you’re ready, come and talk to our sales consultants who will help to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
Choosing your new Bovis Home
- Start looking! The exciting search for a Bovis Home starts here – visit our sales offices and show homes. Book an appointment to spend some time with the sales advisor to talk through your situation.
- Arrange your finances: Work out how much you can afford as a deposit and in mortgage repayments. Independent mortgage advisors advise on new build mortgage deals and our mortgage calculator can calculate potential repayments. Consider schemes such as ‘Help To Buy’, needing just 5% deposit. Existing homeowners need to get a valuation of their existing home.
- Arrange a solicitor or conveyancer: Make contact with a solicitor who will deal with the legal paperwork for you throughout the process.
Reserving a property
- Fees and Forms: To reserve a property, you pay your reservation fee and complete a reservation form. The house is then taken off the market - it's yours!
- Setting a date: Our sales advisor gives you all the detailed property information and advises you on what you need to arrange with your solicitor and mortgage provider. There is usually six weeks before exchanging contracts when you'll need your deposit and a formal mortgage offer.
- Make your home your own: If your property has not yet got the roof on, you can choose options and upgrades from our Select range such as kitchen units or bathroom tiling.
- The legal commitment to buy: The exchange of contracts is when the two identical contracts are signed.
- Paying the deposit: You now pay your deposit and agree the completion date. The completion date is when you will pay the balance. If your new home is still under construction this date is an estimate but you will be given at least 10 days’ notice before moving day. Your sales advisor will keep you up to date with news as your new home progresses.
The Completion Date
- Becoming a Bovis Home owner: On the agreed completion date, the final legal documents are arranged by your solicitor.
- Paying the balance of the money:The solicitor also arranges payment of the remaining money from your mortgage provider. Your dream Bovis Home is all yours! Completion date is usually also moving day but you will be advised on this.
Moving into your dream Bovis Home
- A week before Moving Day: You are invited to a Home Demonstration Inspection to see how all the systems in your new home work.
- On the Day: We’re there to welcome you with those all-important front door keys as well as a handover pack. We’ll also make sure everything is clean, tidy and ready to welcome you home!
- Life as a new Bovis Home owner: We’d love to see how you’re settling in. Tag @bovishomes to show us your lovely new home.
- Friends and family loving your new Bovis Home? If you recommend Bovis Homes to your friends and family, you’ll get £500 for each referral who then go onto buy their own Bovis Home.
Who’s involved in your house purchase?
- An independent mortgage adviser: To arrange your mortgage deal and liaise with your solicitor. We can refer you to an independent mortgage broker if required.
- A solicitor or conveyancer: To arrange all the legal paperwork including local authority searches. Bovis Homes can refer you to a solicitor or you can appoint your own.
- The Bovis Sales Team: To explain what is required from you as well and to keep you up to date on your house progress.
Details of your mortgage advisor and solicitor are registered on your online account so communication is as easy as possible.
Advice and support when buying your home
- Purchase Assistance Schemes – We have a range of schemes designed to make it easier to get on the property ladder from low deposits to part-exchange and discount schemes for keyworkers.
- Sales Consultants - our team are there to answer questions and communicate between all parties.
- Site Visits – You may be able to visit (by prior arrangement) to see your house under construction. Find out more about the building stages of a Bovis Home here.
- The Homeowner Manual – a comprehensive guide to all aspects of buying your home – received once you reserve a property.
- The Select range – a chance to personalise your home if it is not yet complete.
- Home Demonstration Inspection – we show you how everything works in your home in the week before Moving Day.
- Moving Day Handover pack - A pack with final home ownership certificate, warranties and other advice on your brand-new home.